Rollalong are recruiting for a Special Works Sales Manager, if you would like to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to our HR Department, or request an application form.
- To achieve (or exceed) turnover, margin contribution and factory capacity loading targets.
- Increase our market share in the region both with existing and new customer and to pursue profitable new business opportunities through structured development of new client relationships.
- Develop professional relationships with clients that enhance the good will and stature that are associated with the company’s name and products.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and client meetings to effectively capture the information necessary to price and deliver projects successfully.
- Keep all customer records up to date and ensure all enquiry briefs are completed in accordance with Company Quality Procedures both on time and in the detail required.
- Develop prepare forecasts in consultation with Head of Sales.
- Develop and maintain client opportunities to maximize the potential for standard Rollalong products.
- Maintain a pro-active involvement with all qualified business enquires from concept through to booking of the order.
- Effectively hand over a comprehensive project file for delivery by the services team, in order to ensure appropriately allocated resource to schemes won.
- Actively lead, develop and motivate all functional support personnel during formulation of the pre-bid, bid submission and pre-order activities, to ensure that a winning proposition is submitted.
- Develop in consultation with Marketing, Sales Proposition Presentations.
- Identify and attend trade shows, conferences and exhibitions as appropriate to business and marketing requirements.
- Adhere to the Sales enquiry process to ensure that business opportunities are delivered into the business in a correct and fully documented manner.
- Develop strategic alliances with clients to ensure that the optimum factory production capacity is maintained.
- Advise clients on matters relating to Building Control compliance, fire performance, Planning Regulations and other statutory conditions as applicable to the modular building industry.
- Undertake factory tours for clients and conduct visits to existing schemes with prospective customers.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested within skill set.
- Achieve or exceed margin targets for year 2018 and beyond.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Building Regs AD Part L2A and how these apply to both existing and new modular structures.
- Meet all key client contacts within 3 – 6 months of commencement of role.
- Successfully manage the bid process for the Hampshire CC summer programme of works 2018 under the SMBF contract (& ongoing).
- Successfully manage the bid process for the East Sussex Modular Refurbishment contract summer programme of works 2018 (& ongoing).
- Assist in preparation of bids for Dorset CC programme of works under SMBF contract.
- Attend EBDOG conference + 1 additional NEW trade show or similar in first year.
- Attend a minimum of 2 site installations – 1 x Education, 1 x MOD in first 3 – 6 months in role.
- Successfully introduce minimum of 2 new clients within first year in role with associated bids submitted.
KEY SKILLS/DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous construction or related business exposure.
- Proven business development.
- Proven new business achievement.
- Bid management.
- CPCS / CSCS Qualification – Desirable (or prepared to achieve).
- AP Qualification – Desirable (or prepared to achieve).
Interacting & Communicating
- Motivated and professional with a desire to achieve results with a commercial and customer focus.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and delegate.
- Self resilient and capable of making difficult decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have basic problem solving ability.
- Promotes and is passionate about the values and standards of the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Initiate, be open to and work with change (both cultural and technical).
- ‘Can Do’ attitude.
- Logical and analytical thinker.
- Works in an inclusive way.
- Willing to undertake additional tasks (within capabilities) to get the job done .
- Willingness to take ownership.
- Confident and strong communicator.
- Comfortable with a wide range of colleagues.
- Take a critical approach to work practice and identify & suggest improvements.
- Believes and promotes Health and Safety within workplace.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
CLOSING DATE: 31st January 2018 Open to INTERNAL and EXTERNAL candidates.
Please complete an application form which can be obtained from the HR department